Skip to main content

Too True

too true too true
she would mutter
as I puffed on a cigarette
drinking a glass of claret
as if all the problems could be
summed up
in subtle
tiny words

he does not know
and I freely admit he does not
for how can he know
when I do not communicate
it is so simple to say
all men suck
they know nothing
nor do they care
but that is only a balm
to sooth our guilty souls
it is harder to say
that we
are simply afraid

does it always have to be this hard
mumbling to myself as I take another swing
she just laughs hard
it’s tinkling and cold
much like I think sex would be
with her
thank god I haven’t a cock
but still
she is my friend
though I am not sure why

my eyes scan the room
they are all the same
dancing and swaying in chaotic rhythm
a hold over from our tribal days
it is erotic
sex on the floor in full view
and I feel like a voyeur watching
yet I cannot tear my eyes away
she sits beside me
licking her lips
she has found prey
god pity
the poor fool

I itch to run away
to log into the electronic
knowing he is not there
but it burns like a need
how pathetic I’ve become
she knows I am chafting
her eyes narrow on me
I promised to stay
though I suddenly feel sick
as though
lost in two false worlds

I know what is coming
as she sashays back from the bathroom
my stomach rolling at the thought
she has procured entertainment
and I feel dirty as they sit beside us
smiles gleaming wide
though only to humor her
I quickly leave for another glass
whiskey this time
I need fortification

she is obnoxious when aroused
I try to pretend I am not here
she rubs one
as the other nibbles
I feel so embarrassed
thank god the cabby had room
up front
I would truly be sick
if in the middle of their petting
she calls me a prude
says I am too use to romancing a machine
perhaps I am
but in my mind he is mine

I am too old for this
or too young
not really sure which
the whole thing shames me
and I want to hide
from the groans and the grunts
my living room reeking of sex
small blessings that I can hide in here
with my thoughts
and the computer
just too bad he is not on too
so I can transport myself
away

they are whispering out there
I can here them
giggling about how foolish I am
to be in love
with nothing but air
funny
how I never thought it was love
still don’t
but I will leave them at that false idea
I wish they would go
but I can hear her groaning again
the three of them moaning together
as I throw a pillow over my head

in my dreams I see him clearly
can call out his name
and wonder why I feel so behind
lost
lonely
afraid
its not an easy thing to feel
nor one that will change
any time soon
but I want to savor him
like dark chocolate
you roll around in your mouth
hot and sticky
as it slides smooth down your throat
I want to taste him
and I’ve not even heard his voice
savored his smell
until there is nothing but the heat
of two joining

God I have such a damn
hangover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unconventional Moment Redux

I’m beginning to feel like some sort of addict, chasing the dragon around for the next high, yet, even knowing how pathetic I’ve become about all this, I can’t stop. It’s a good thing faculty are allowed off grounds during the weekends; else I am not sure how I would survive. I’ve taken precautions; no longer do I meet him in any place I might be recognized, it wouldn’t do for someone in my position to be seen obtaining this sort of service, so, I’ve taken to arranging a more secure location for my folly. Being a Muggle born does have its advantages, and my ability to work outside of Diagon Alley’s constraints is a blessing some days. I don’t know if he objects, he hasn’t said so yet, though I suppose as long as I pay him in Galleons it doesn’t matter. I’m still not quite comfortable with all of this, though I can’t stop. I’ve picked a lovely hotel within the Bayswater district of London for tonight’s tryst. Despite the cold and the snow, I stand on the balcony, enjoying the play ...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 6

I pull a towel out of the wardrobe and make my way into the lavatory. I’ve charmed the mirror above the sink not to talk, so the reflection of me just mouths silent words as I reach into the bath and twist on the hot-water faucet. I slowly strip the constricting faculty robes from my body – there are times when I wish I could wear the simpler Muggle attire, but that’s the price I pay for working here. The coolness of the room brushes against my skin, causing my flesh to break out in goose bumps. It’s never warm in this part of the castle, no matter how many fireplaces are lit. I rub my hands up and down my arms as I wait for the steam to warm the room. Just before I step into the streaming water, I reach over and slightly turn the cold-water faucet. I may adore hot showers, but I have no desire to boil myself to death. I can feel the knot at the back of my neck start to loosen as I step into the now comfortable hot stream of water. I drop my head forward, resting my forehead a...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 4

Chasing Time It is raining as I cross the street just in front of the Three Broomsticks. Hardly an astounding feat for London, much less winter in London. I’ve been quite good lately – at least, quite good compared to what I was just a short time ago. I’ve not needed to… get away in almost an entire month. A record, I think. I walk into the empty hotel room, feeling incredibly wet and tired, though those are only inconveniences. My mind is wholly on tonight. I place the perennial bottle of potion on the table beside the bed as I make my way to the bathroom. Once inside, I quickly strip the wet clothes from me, hanging them on the shower curtain rod so I can cast a drying charm on them. It isn’t long before I hear the door opening. I wait, not wanting to see the transformation – this may all be an illusion, but it is my illusion. I open the bathroom door and watch him stride towards me. It never fails to amaze me how utterly perfect the Polyjuice Potion is; I want to devour hi...