Skip to main content

Want

I never knew
until my heart ached
with the simplicity of this moment
never knew how this could be
until my heart was almost breaking

past the point of no return
I wander where you lead
hoping that I don't stumble
the light is shining just beyond
if I dare

I am scared
of these feelings unvoiced
scared that I am just imagining
reality is a harsh mistress
and I fear the coldness of alone

My heart trembles with this fear
yet
in my bones I know you
I know the subtle line of your jaw
the easy gait of your walk
the silk feel of you hair as is brushes against my skin

I recognize the inherent honorable spirit
residing deep within your breast
my heart quickens to the same beat as yours
yet for all these things I feel
I still fear
and it chokes the tears from my throat

I want to spend each morning waking beside you
your arms around me
the smell of your skin the first thing I breath
I want to feel you apart of me
you flesh to mine
deep inside
until we are no longer two entities but one
soul to soul

So I am leaping
with all the faith I have
falling down this slop
not caring if I crash
the ending cannot hurt as much as the not knowing
I cannot be without knowing

I want to look into your bright hazel eyes
and whisper words I've never dared before

I want this knot of longing to leave me
so I can breath
without the sobs of loneliness I feel lately
without the tears of fear clogging my throat
I want to hear my name caressing your lips
as your body merges with mine
until there is nothing left
but you and I and these feeling flooding throughout my being

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unconventional Moment Redux

I’m beginning to feel like some sort of addict, chasing the dragon around for the next high, yet, even knowing how pathetic I’ve become about all this, I can’t stop. It’s a good thing faculty are allowed off grounds during the weekends; else I am not sure how I would survive. I’ve taken precautions; no longer do I meet him in any place I might be recognized, it wouldn’t do for someone in my position to be seen obtaining this sort of service, so, I’ve taken to arranging a more secure location for my folly. Being a Muggle born does have its advantages, and my ability to work outside of Diagon Alley’s constraints is a blessing some days. I don’t know if he objects, he hasn’t said so yet, though I suppose as long as I pay him in Galleons it doesn’t matter. I’m still not quite comfortable with all of this, though I can’t stop. I’ve picked a lovely hotel within the Bayswater district of London for tonight’s tryst. Despite the cold and the snow, I stand on the balcony, enjoying the play ...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 6

I pull a towel out of the wardrobe and make my way into the lavatory. I’ve charmed the mirror above the sink not to talk, so the reflection of me just mouths silent words as I reach into the bath and twist on the hot-water faucet. I slowly strip the constricting faculty robes from my body – there are times when I wish I could wear the simpler Muggle attire, but that’s the price I pay for working here. The coolness of the room brushes against my skin, causing my flesh to break out in goose bumps. It’s never warm in this part of the castle, no matter how many fireplaces are lit. I rub my hands up and down my arms as I wait for the steam to warm the room. Just before I step into the streaming water, I reach over and slightly turn the cold-water faucet. I may adore hot showers, but I have no desire to boil myself to death. I can feel the knot at the back of my neck start to loosen as I step into the now comfortable hot stream of water. I drop my head forward, resting my forehead a...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 4

Chasing Time It is raining as I cross the street just in front of the Three Broomsticks. Hardly an astounding feat for London, much less winter in London. I’ve been quite good lately – at least, quite good compared to what I was just a short time ago. I’ve not needed to… get away in almost an entire month. A record, I think. I walk into the empty hotel room, feeling incredibly wet and tired, though those are only inconveniences. My mind is wholly on tonight. I place the perennial bottle of potion on the table beside the bed as I make my way to the bathroom. Once inside, I quickly strip the wet clothes from me, hanging them on the shower curtain rod so I can cast a drying charm on them. It isn’t long before I hear the door opening. I wait, not wanting to see the transformation – this may all be an illusion, but it is my illusion. I open the bathroom door and watch him stride towards me. It never fails to amaze me how utterly perfect the Polyjuice Potion is; I want to devour hi...