Skip to main content

grrrr

Someone just accused me in a review of plagiarizing myself. In Vino Veritas – In Wine (There is) Truth is posted on The Burrow and Lumos (on Sycophant Hex), TPP, OWL, two LJ communities, and on here. The reviewer writes:

Did you really write this story? I saw something exactly like this in The Burrow part of Sycophant Hex. That author wrote a sequel to it too. Or maybe I am mistaken, and you just posted it again on this site.

Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive about this - or worse yet, someone's lifted my stuff again (and then I'm going to have to search the internet to find out where and then make noise until they remove it) - but I'm afraid I wasn't very kind in my response.

Response:
Did you bother to look at the post date of this? This was written in May of 2006... I never posted it at the Burrow until a few weeks ago because I never considered doing so. You might want to check your frigging facts before you offhandedly make comments like "Did you really write this story?". Yes, I really DID write this story - and I find your insinuation that I did not (AND THIS IS POSTED on OWL, Petulant Poetess, my Livejournal as well as two Livejournal communities, under this PEN name) offensive.

Now that I re-read what I said to her... I'm feeling vaguely guilty... but not guilty enough to amend it (at least not yet).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unconventional Moment Redux

I’m beginning to feel like some sort of addict, chasing the dragon around for the next high, yet, even knowing how pathetic I’ve become about all this, I can’t stop. It’s a good thing faculty are allowed off grounds during the weekends; else I am not sure how I would survive. I’ve taken precautions; no longer do I meet him in any place I might be recognized, it wouldn’t do for someone in my position to be seen obtaining this sort of service, so, I’ve taken to arranging a more secure location for my folly. Being a Muggle born does have its advantages, and my ability to work outside of Diagon Alley’s constraints is a blessing some days. I don’t know if he objects, he hasn’t said so yet, though I suppose as long as I pay him in Galleons it doesn’t matter. I’m still not quite comfortable with all of this, though I can’t stop. I’ve picked a lovely hotel within the Bayswater district of London for tonight’s tryst. Despite the cold and the snow, I stand on the balcony, enjoying the play ...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 6

I pull a towel out of the wardrobe and make my way into the lavatory. I’ve charmed the mirror above the sink not to talk, so the reflection of me just mouths silent words as I reach into the bath and twist on the hot-water faucet. I slowly strip the constricting faculty robes from my body – there are times when I wish I could wear the simpler Muggle attire, but that’s the price I pay for working here. The coolness of the room brushes against my skin, causing my flesh to break out in goose bumps. It’s never warm in this part of the castle, no matter how many fireplaces are lit. I rub my hands up and down my arms as I wait for the steam to warm the room. Just before I step into the streaming water, I reach over and slightly turn the cold-water faucet. I may adore hot showers, but I have no desire to boil myself to death. I can feel the knot at the back of my neck start to loosen as I step into the now comfortable hot stream of water. I drop my head forward, resting my forehead a...

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 4

Chasing Time It is raining as I cross the street just in front of the Three Broomsticks. Hardly an astounding feat for London, much less winter in London. I’ve been quite good lately – at least, quite good compared to what I was just a short time ago. I’ve not needed to… get away in almost an entire month. A record, I think. I walk into the empty hotel room, feeling incredibly wet and tired, though those are only inconveniences. My mind is wholly on tonight. I place the perennial bottle of potion on the table beside the bed as I make my way to the bathroom. Once inside, I quickly strip the wet clothes from me, hanging them on the shower curtain rod so I can cast a drying charm on them. It isn’t long before I hear the door opening. I wait, not wanting to see the transformation – this may all be an illusion, but it is my illusion. I open the bathroom door and watch him stride towards me. It never fails to amaze me how utterly perfect the Polyjuice Potion is; I want to devour hi...