Skip to main content

My Life



It isn’t that I’m lost
or perhaps I am
it depends I suppose
on the movement of the moment
when words are but a kiss away
and time speeds up until it thrums
like the whispering flow
of an exhaled breath.

He was sunlit days
the warm glow of desire
burning in my breast
when all I could think about
was the taste of his skin
and the feel of his flesh
until I went mad with wanting.

Insanity is a lost art
unappreciated by those too normal
to understand that we all are
insane
on some level
or is that wishful thinking
I do a lot of that.

He wasn’t real
they whisper
as if I hadn’t already known
my heart may be broken
but my brain still works
most of the time.

When is love ever real
oh I imagine there are some who grasp
the brass ring
as they whirl around on the wooden pony
bright and shiny
capturing it close to their heaving chest
bright red lips curling in laughter
still most of us deal with table scraps.

Life is a banquet
of indigestion
broken dreams and tarnished pennies
the stars have exploded
under the heavy weight of our wishes
fairy godmothers hide
with bruising flesh and tattered pride
they were no match against reality’s bite.

I knew he was too good to be true
Prince Charming is neither a prince nor charming
though he is entirely too good looking
a truth he wields like a cleaver
sharp and deadly to those unaware of the danger
it’s an appealing facet of humanity
that calls to the ugly duckling in me.

I always thought I was lacking
sometimes I still do
in the dark of night
when there is nothing but the comfort of a blanket
to shield me from the loneliness
darkness has a way of magnifying things
and while dawn can chase some of it away
it lingers long after.

Romance is overrated
I lie to myself
as I curl in the corner of the couch
chasing the knowledge of love
yet writers pretend
and I am all too willing to believe their lies
over my own
and what I am missing burns behind my eyes.

Wishes and dreams are naught
strings of the marionette
pulling and twisting hither and yonder
morphine for the masses
endorphin chasers
chocolate and sex
though chocolate is safer
and will not disappoint you in the end.

Alice and I share a kinship
I haven’t tumbled down the hole
but the mad hatter sits at my table
pity he’s my conscious
and the rabbit
he’s at my table too
a feast fit for a knave.

In a way I am lost
Robinson Caruso sans a Friday
William Golding’s vision of life
only less violent
I’d claim it was a blessing of my gender
but violence is the nature of any beasts
male or female.

His eyes flash
with the knowledge of my capitulation
it is only a minor one
I shall roar to life
and gnaw on the scattered bones
of my oppressor
pity it’s often myself that is the culprit.

My sunshine wanders
warm flesh pulsing in my hand
my lips pushing into softness
I want to stay in this tender moment
only these moments are few
and far between
and subverts my nature.

Perhaps I am destabilized
a contradiction
an amalgam of two disproportionate parts
ying and yang
kissing in the moonlight
under the glow of the mystical ages.

Fairytales don’t exist
in this sad farce
though I wish upon a star
watching it supernova under the weight
wanting the mythical
trapped with the realistic
too many things to reconcile.

Frayed puzzle pieces
broken bits of living
pounded together
my caricature
my sorrow
my love
my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 6

I pull a towel out of the wardrobe and make my way into the lavatory. I’ve charmed the mirror above the sink not to talk, so the reflection of me just mouths silent words as I reach into the bath and twist on the hot-water faucet. I slowly strip the constricting faculty robes from my body – there are times when I wish I could wear the simpler Muggle attire, but that’s the price I pay for working here. The coolness of the room brushes against my skin, causing my flesh to break out in goose bumps. It’s never warm in this part of the castle, no matter how many fireplaces are lit. I rub my hands up and down my arms as I wait for the steam to warm the room. Just before I step into the streaming water, I reach over and slightly turn the cold-water faucet. I may adore hot showers, but I have no desire to boil myself to death. I can feel the knot at the back of my neck start to loosen as I step into the now comfortable hot stream of water. I drop my head forward, resting my forehead a

An Unconventional Moment Chapter 9

Title: An Unconventional Moment Chapter Title: This is the End... Author: celisnebula Character(s)/Pairing: Hermione Granger/Severus Snape Warnings: Explicit Sexual Content, (possible) Dubious Consent, Anal Rating: NC-17 I take one last look around my room, trying to gauge if I have missed anything.  No. Not my room—at least not any longer. Strange. It wasn’t mine any longer.  I sag against the door-frame, panic and remorse snaking up my spine. This room had been my home—my refuge—for the last few years, and now there was nothing left of me in it.  It was a surreal feeling. Letting out a soft sigh, I shifted; it was time.  Time to let go. Time to move on. I suppose anyone would feel this way; change isn’t easy to accept, even when it’s supposed to be good for you. I straightened my spine.  No use quibbling over something that I knew was going to happen; something I had, in fact, orchestrated.  I couldn’t stay here; not anymore. I had made the decision to leave m

Tit for Tat

Title: Tit for Tat Author: celisnebula Character(s)/Pairing: Hermione Granger/Severus Snape Warnings: Explicit Sexual Content Rating: NC-17 “You’re a bloody prat, you know that, right?” she huffed at Harry Potter, who was drunkenly slumped in the corner booth of the Hog’s Head. “Not,” he slurred.  “You’re just stroppy because you lost.”  He picked a shot of firewhisky from the table in front of him and downed it in one gulp.  “You’re always so bloody sure you’ll win-” “That’s cause she does,” Ron interjected. “-that you never entertain the idea that you just might not,” Harry continued as if Ron hadn’t interrupted. “’Sides, you’ve been mooning over him practically forever .”  He drew the word forever out in a sibilant hiss.  Ron nodded his head in agreement. “I hate you both!” she exclaimed, grabbing her own shot of firewhisky.  It burned pleasantly down her throat. “Nut’un,” Ron grunted.  “You lub us!”  He gave her his best Weasley glare.  “Betcha had something plan